4.9.07



I really need to sort out my finances.


I spend money willy-nilly on clothes without thinking about saving anything.
And last year I didn't manage to save anything, only neutralizing my over-draft and that's it.

I think I'm going to set up an overdraft, and withdraw the full amount and place it in an ISA and then just leave it to grow. Natwest seem to be the best non-virtual bank offering the best interest rate that that pays monthly.

Also I'm going to try and not use any of the money earned from the job I hope to get once back in the Big L.
If I managed last year to survive without that extra income, then I should be fine this year too.

Furthermore, my rent is approximately £20 cheaper a week this year.

What I'm going to have to do is some careful money-management, which should be easier now that I've set up online banking.

These plans came about after a conversation with my cousin bro, about our family friend who, at the age of 25, already has a flat of his own which he's renting out to people, thus paying the mortgage. He was lucky as he could live at home whilst studying and thus saved on accommodation fees and living expenses.

Now I know it was my choice to come to London, but I think I'd rather have the debt than stay here all my life. Eugh.

So yes, hopefully this time next year I will have a healthy looking ISA, no over-draft, and in it's place, a handsome sum of money earning interest.

No comments: