7.12.07

December. Already.

It's funny how at uni you lose all contact with the outside world and that regularity with the calendar you had at school.

It still barely feels like Christmas at the moment, but that's probably because I've not been out anywhere so haven't been exposed to the rampant consumerism, and Christmasness of it all.

Yesterday in Starbucks was the first time that it felt festive. Hands up who else has noticed how they've just latched on to Coca-cola's marketing strategy what with the red cups and mugs and bags with pictures of people giving each other coffee. Remind you of this at all?
I only knew about the bags because I bought a Starbucks travel mug. I know, I'm a brand whore. But it's so cool.

I'm pissed off because I'll have to miss my School Leavers Carol service for another year. I've got to stay in London till Christmas Eve Eve (23rd), because I'm working the weekend before Christmas. Plus it won't feel Christmasy here, I want to go home and decorate the tree, play a few Christmas tunes, and sit watching T.V. or reading Dickens in front of the fire.

I know it's old but I'm really loving Adele - Home Town Glory at the moment, and it's quite wintery. Reminds me of cobbled London Streets, bare trees, and icy winds.



Speaking of terrible weather - was anyone else woken by that terrible storm this morning, around 7am. I woke up to hear this howling bitter wind, and thought it was going to pull my open window off it's hinges. And even after I got up to close it, the wind still came through the grate on the wall above my bed. A freezing but exciting experience none the less.

Right, enough random babbling from me, I better get ready and go to hospital to do a bit of Med Student stuff.

Take care for now.

No comments: